Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Value System

If you had $70,000 USD in your hands, what would you do with that money?

Buy a flashy car?

Make a down payment for a new house?

Or sponsor 2 schools in Madagascar and feed 100+ students for 1 year?

See, before I used to think that money well spent was money spent on my family or myself. However, my value system has changed after this trip. I cannot stand indifferent when I see so much need and poverty around me. These students have hardly anything to eat. Some of them beg for food in the streets. Many of our students don't even have beds at home. Many of them are neglected and abandoned by their families. 

Some people may criticize that charity creates dependance. But at least we can bring these students to dignity. Who knows if one of our students become a doctor? or an engineer? or a famous preacher? or the future president of Madagascar? We are saving lives and we are giving hope to their future.

Remember, it's more blessed to give than to receive!

1 comment:

Miguel said...

Involucrate en politica