Thursday, September 27, 2012

A letter to Madagascar


I just received an email from a sister in Madagascar. I quickly wrote back with what was in my heart. 

Bonjour ma chere souer!


Je pense toujour de votre belle couer et des enfants. Tu me manques trop! Je rêve beaucoup les jours en Madagascar. Ton amour pour les enfant change ma vie. Les enfants change ma vie. 

After I came back from Madagascar, I've been inspired by the children to be close to God. You have no idea how much this trip has affected my pursuit, vision and love towards God and the people around me. I wake up early to draw near to God first thing in the morning. I try to be more generous and forgiving (inspired by you, ma belle soeur) towards brothers and sisters and everyone around me. I try to be more lively, genuine and sincere to those around me. And I try to make more jokes to make people happy. But most of all, my faith has grown and I have a greater burden to love this family. I believe that God will use me greatly.

I am learning to sing from a choral director. I am planning to put together a children's choir if I ever go back to Madagascar. And I am learning Mandarin. A friend lent me her French textbook to brush up my French. So many things has happened! I came back so changed! No more depression or anxiety. I am more joyful and generous. Finally, I've found my true self (thanks to you and the trip!)...and I am so happy to be so close to God and brothers and sisters. 


I often talk to T and M when I see them in Church. We had good fellowship in Madagascar. Whenever we come together, we talk about you and the things in Madagascar (Tsaramasu, tsara be...among other things lol). You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Send my kind regards to the brothers and sisters and the lovely children. Your smiles still dazzle in my mind now and then. 


Karen

No comments: