Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Alchemy

Our lives are fluid. Our experiences in the physical world is constantly shaping our worldview. Lately, my worldview is evolving into a more holistic view rather than binary one. And rather than getting into the "right" side of things -being right/wrong, good/bad, success/failure, etc...I have come to accept everything as a whole.

Suffering and pain is part of the process of becoming, and rather than avoiding them all together by numbing or distracting, I've learned to fully embrace those feelings and 'feel' all my emotions, no matter how painful or hard they are. I'm no longer resisting against unfortunate events, but I am actively seeking redirection. Everything works for my good.

Whenever my close friend and I tell each other about our problems, we remind ourselves to listen to our bodies and honour our emotions. What are our emotions telling us? How is our intuition guiding us to do? What are other's perspective about the issue? What can we do to solve the problem?

And this brings us to this point -we are called to become Alchemists. We can choose to transform darkness into light, negative experiences into positive lessons, past brokeness into wholeness through self-compassion and so much more. This magical ability to transform brings healing to ourselves and others.

So here I am, trying to explore and love the darker and broken sides of me and bringing them into light.

I am in the process of becoming an Alchemist.


No comments: