Friday, October 11, 2013

Reflections on Mexico City

Mexico City reminds me much of home.


















But it's actually a boisterous, larger, and a more vivacious version of San Salvador.

I came to Mexico with a lot of preconceptions about the country and the people. I heard a lot from my Salvadoran friends that Mexicans are more arrogant and haughty than people from our country. But I was wrong. They are actually very warm and genuine people.

We spent the first two days touring around Mexico City. I was blown away by the majesty and richness of its history and culture.

Coming from the "Modern World" and having lived through the Information Age, it is hard to grasp that there were civilizations who developed systems and technology that did things in a sustainable way. For instance, Teotihuacan built "floating gardens" in which they dug up the soil from the lake to grow crops and feed their population. Pretty amazing.

Let the pictures speak for themselves:

































 




















 
 

No comments: