Friday, July 19, 2013

Sketches

"After years of solitude and profound sadness, I have come to appreciate the little things that make life beautiful. It's as if I've been walking on a desert alone with God for years, and suddenly come across a beautiful country where honey and milk abound in great measure. The mirage of forced superficial relationships were replaced with genuine friendships and kindness. I find myself dancing and singing to delicious music, where I use my hands and feet to express all those unearthed and suppressed feelings I've stored during those lonely years in the desert. I find belonging and healing in those home cooked meals, deep conversations and long afternoons spent in the company of loving family and friends. Their love and appreciation has helped me restore my humanity, as I've come to deeply realize that every human being on this planet is worthy to be loved and accepted for who they are.

At the end of every day, my heart is filled to the brim with gratitude towards God for bringing me back to life. It's good to become your old self again, and have the strength to wake up every morning with a smile, praising God for feeling alive again...

I cannot imagine life without the life part."

No comments: