Wednesday, November 18, 2015

IBM

Today, I was invited to a Missionary Conference at a Baptist Church near Downtown San Salvador. Although the traffic was horrible and I was in a (sort of) cranky mood, God spoke directly to my heart. He reminded me the importance of following His example in loving the hurting, the broken and the marginalized. The sermon was heart-felt and sincere....not extensively elaborate. There was something that tugged my heart-strings: there is still so MUCH need in this world; so many people who need to know about Christ. So many people hurting and blind by all the lies from the enemy. And yet we as Christian tend to settle into shallow waters, shallow lives of comfort and mediocrity. God invites us into His boat to travel into the deep waters where we can sip and enjoy the depths of His wonders and mysteries.

I uttered a prayer later that night:

"Lord, lead me into the deep waters, although my feet may fail. Lead me where my heart truly belongs....to love those who are broken, lonely and hurting in this dark world."

No comments: