Friday, June 21, 2013

Flamenco

Yesterday I had my first Flamenco Guitar lesson. It was a liberating experience.

I've always wanted to learn percussion guitar. Ever since I watched Rodrigo and Gabriela live in Bonnaroo, I knew that it was the kind of style I want to adopt in my music. I am leaning more towards the indie/folk/flamenco style.

After the lesson, the owner and my guitar teacher played a few songs for me. My mind was blown away by the intensity of expression and passion in the songs. I realized that I have never sang with much emotion before. Flamenco is truly the music of the soul. I'm obsessed.

Music makes me feel alive. Whenever I am creating music with my hands or voice, I feel as if I am in sync with the universe. 


I am learning this song on Monday. So excited!

No comments: