Monday, November 28, 2011

The Great Yearning

I've been thinking a lot about eternity lately.

I believe that hope is essential for a happy and healthy Christian life, specially for the down-trodden and the broken-hearted. Hope keeps my heart from falling into the pit of despair.

There is something about eternity that really captures my heart. I came up with three main points of why I look forward to eternity.

1. The fulfillment of God's dream and my dream. The church will be complete. New Jerusalem is the culmination of God's plan. I look forward to that epic moment of the manifestation of the bride --when New Jerusalem descends from heaven to earth. The bride will be in her full splendour and glory. Although the Bible mentions that there will be no more tears, that day I will shed tears of exuberant joy. I strive for God's dream everyday.

2. The restoration of broken relationships. I must admit that this is one of the main reasons why I look forward to eternity: the family reunion in the clouds. No more separation. No more misunderstandings. No more sorrows and tears. All the saints will dwell in love and harmony with God. The verses in Psalm 133 resonate within me as I write these words.

3. The hope of the better things to come. The failures and the temporal nature of this world convinces me that there must be far better things to come. What we live is merely a shadow of eternity.

"...for the former things have passed away" (Revelation 21:4).

"Behold I am making all things new" (Revelation 21:5).

Rejoice! For eternity is at hand. Let us all enjoy our journey Home.

No comments: