Thursday, September 2, 2010

Father-Daughter love


How precious that Abba gave me a father on earth to experience fatherly love.

After missioning and hearing so many sad stories about broken families, I realized how blessed I am to have such a good father. Even though my dad hasn't believed yet, he is a very good father. I was always well-fed, loved and cared throughout my childhood. He worked hard to provide the best for my brother and me. He was always there to mediate between my fights with my brother and mom. Even though there may be language barriers, my relationship with my dad has been relatively good.

I love to hear stories about his past. I guess that's why I'm so interested about history. He would tell me how he got arrested by the communist because they suspected him to be a capitalist. Or how he tried to swim his way to Hong Kong to get away from the poverty and misery in communist China. He would also entertain me with stories about people he met. He is hilarious. And he is also the most politically incorrect person I know. He would bluntly blurt out racist, random remarks about people. I crack up whenever he says "peasant."

I really hope that he will believe in God. He has a lot of doubts and wrong concepts in his mind but he believes that there is a God. Please keep praying for my dad so that he can accept Jesus into his life.

No comments: