Saturday, January 20, 2007

Life ist gut

Today I had my first German lesson. It was awesome. I learned how to present myself and to count in German!

Wie Heißen sie?
Ich bin Karen!

Woher kommen sie?
Ich Komme aus El Salvador.

Inspite of the 5 hour-intensive course, I love the language. I like the pronunciation, the complex grammar...it's beautiful.

Last night, I hanged out with Kawing, Lula and James. It was a craaay-zeey night. I brought some fireworks to burn and at first it was fun but then...whoa. We had an intense near death experience. We lit up a bottle rocket, and instead of going up, it shot right at us. We ran to the backdoor for shelter and closed the door. Kawing was banging furiously because she was locked out! (the poor dear) So James opened the door. After that, it was like intense explosion and lights. I will never light a bottle rocket again. They are the fireworks of deception.

Anyways, we then played Texas Hold’em, Indian poker and taught Lula to play Big Two (a Chinese card game). It was fun. I love you guys! And will miss you all so much when we go off to college.

Photos, photos, photos:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
James dealing the cards.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lula pimpin'

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Teheee.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lula and Emo me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Emo freaks. James is crying because he lost all his monopoly money to Kawing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting'
The four of us. (James is hiding in the background)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lula, James and Marvin Gaye (he lives in our hearts).